Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pinoy Chick Soundtrack to Fall in Love with: Imago's "Sundô"

Lyrics, pure poetry. Melody, utterly haunting. The song made my soul, the core of my being soar. As an OPM (original pinoy music) chick soundtrack, this is sublime in its composition and in its rendering. This is totally brilliant.

The opening stanza goes, "Kay tagal kong sinusuyod ang buong mundo para hanapin, para hanapin ka. Nilibot ang distrito ng iyong lumbay; pupulutin, pupulutin ka. Sinusundo kita, sinusundô..." Roughly translated it goes, "For a long time, I've combed the whole world to look for, looking for you. I've circled the vicinity of your sadness; I'll pick up, I'm picking you up. I'm getting hold of you, I'm getting hold..."

Then the chorus kicks in, "Asahan mo mula ngayon pag-ibig ko'y sa 'yo." "Be assured that from now on my love belongs to you."

The rest of the lyrics have the same, pardon the rotundity, lyrical quality as these lines. The imagery, the metaphors are breathtaking. The music itself is moving.

I've got the song on repeat in my computer's player for quite some time now. This has been my secret aural pleasure, until now.


No comments: